1. Who Are We?
This Policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us as a business, including when you visit our website https://bicycle.io/.
Bicycle is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Bicycle decides why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this Policy for our contact and legal information.
2. Personal Information We Collect About You
We receive personal information about you through the form on our website. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it. As part of our provision of services to our clients, your personal information may be collected, used, and processed by Bicycle. This information includes;
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit when using our Site;
- Your contact details;
3. Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes;
- To provide our services to our clients
- To provide updates on services
- To provide marketing material where applicable
4. Our Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data
We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
a. Where Necessary to Comply with Our Legal Obligations
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
b. Where Necessary for us to Pursue a Legitimate Interest
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
- For analysis and insights conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience;
- To tailor and personalize our marketing communications based on your attributes;
- Processing necessary for us to support you with your enquiries;
- To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfill the requests you make to us;
- To analyze, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our Site pages are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer;
- For product development purposes;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively;
- To administer our Site, and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access;
- For efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies;
- For other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
c. Marketing Communications
If we have requested your consent and you give your consent, we may use your personal information to contact you by email or online to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products).
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Information by Us
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site, and social media pages.
When we use Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
6. Transfers of Your Personal Information Outside of Europe
As we are a Company based in the United States, we may process personal data of EU citizens in the performance of contracts with our clients. The necessary safeguards as required under the GDPR, such as Transfer Impact Assessments/Transfer Risk Assessments, Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) and the UK Addendum, will be implemented to ensure that a similar standard of protection is applied to the data.
7. Security and Links to Other Websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. However, when accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorized persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
8. How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We are obliged to retain certain information to ensure data accuracy, to help maintain quality of service and for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
We retain personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained by us or as required or permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
9. Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data and we have processes to enable you to exercise these rights.
a. Right of Access
This is known as a Subject Access Request or a SAR in short. If you want to know if we are processing personal data relating to you and to have access to any such personal data you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to furnish you with a copy of your personal data that we hold we will need to verify your identity.
You have the right to access any personal information that Bicycle processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
b. Right to Rectification
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
If you believe that we hold inaccurate personal data about you, contact email@example.com. Depending on the type of personal data you believe is inaccurate, we may ask you for further proof to ensure that the personal data is being corrected properly. If we are satisfied that the personal data is inaccurate, we will make the necessary changes.
c. Right to Erasure
You have a right to ask for your personal data to be erased in certain circumstances. However, this right does not apply where we have to comply with a legal obligation or where we need personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. In addition, if you opt out of marketing communications or have previously opted out of marketing communications, we have to keep a record of such opt out to ensure that we don’t contact you in the future.
d. Right to Restriction
You have a right to request that processing of personal data is restricted in certain circumstances. However, we shall continue to process the personal data for storage purposes, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or with your consent.
e. Right to Object
Where we are relying on legitimate interests as a legal basis to process your data, you have a right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation.
f. Right to Complain to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority of your choice.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this Policy.
If you have any queries on how your data is collected, used, shared, or retained as part of our services, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.